Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts tagged 'Ted Erikson'
2012 Jan 23:
Marathon Swimming Nutrition: Osmolality and why it matters
- Osmolality affects how quickly you can digest calories. This is the main reason maltodextrin-based drinks are preferable to simple sugars.
2012 Feb 7:
Letters from Connie: There Is No Perfect Stroke
- Appreciating the variations in how humans adapt their bodies to the water.
2012 Feb 22:
Promontory Point: A marathon swimming landmark
- Promontory Point, which juts into Lake Michigan near the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago, has a rich history of marathon swimming going back several decades.
2014 Apr 17:
Farallones: The toughest marathon swim in the world?
- Overview of the iconic cold-water marathon swim between the Farallon Islands and San Francisco.
2014 Jul 23:
Swimming out of the Devil's Teeth: Observing history at the Farallons
- Reflections on observing Craig Lenning's and Joe Locke's Farallon Islands swims.