Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts in category 'science'
2011 Oct 22:
On science in marathon swimming
- What are the interesting questions about exercise physiology and nutrition in open water swimming?
2011 Oct 29:
Swim efficiency and energy consumption
- Assumptions about energy consumption in swimming are different than those for running. Potential efficiency gains are much greater in swimming.
2011 Oct 30:
Calories burned vs. calories consumed
- Do not attempt to equalize energy consumption and expenditure. Digestion rate is limited.
2011 Nov 15:
On Peter Attia's nutrition webinar
- A medical doctor tackles marathon swimming nutrition. Peter Attia's essay "Swimming in the ICU."
2011 Dec 17:
Marathon swimming and low-carbohydrate diets
- Thoughts on Peter Attia's endorsement of low-carb diets for marathon swimmers.