Farther, Colder, Rougher
adventures in marathon swimming
Archive of posts from 2014
2014 Feb 13:
The Chas Lap
- A challenging 2-mile swim in the vicinity of Aquatic Park, San Francisco.
2014 Feb 20:
Swim Report: Bay to Breakers
- A 10-mile current-assisted swim race from the Bay Bridge to Ocean Beach, San Francisco. Organized by the South End Rowing Club.
2014 Mar 9:
At the South End...
2014 Apr 17:
Farallones: The toughest marathon swim in the world?
- Overview of the iconic cold-water marathon swim between the Farallon Islands and San Francisco.
2014 Apr 25:
There's No Such Thing as a World Record in Open Water Swimming
- Like triathlon and ultra-running, open-water swimming has 'course records'. World record claims are typically attempts at self-promotion.
2014 May 8:
Most popular threads in the history of the Marathon Swimmers Forum
2014 Jun 5:
NOAA Buoy Cams
- A potentially interest resource for marathon swimmers.
2014 Jun 23:
Information Wants to be Free: Sandettie Lightship and the English Channel
- 10 years of English Channel weather data, in a single CSV file. And some fun charts.
2014 Jul 23:
Swimming out of the Devil's Teeth: Observing history at the Farallons
- Reflections on observing Craig Lenning's and Joe Locke's Farallon Islands swims.
2014 Sep 25:
2014 Dec 21:
MSF panel ratifies five swims, endorses new world distance record